Great States 2000-20S 20-Inch Classic Reel Mower
Product Description20", Scotts Classic Reel Mower, 1" To 3" Range With Easy To Use Fingertrip Control Height Adjusters, Easy Roll Dual Wheel Tracking Action, 5 Blade Ball Bearing Reel, Alloy Steel Blades & Bed Knife, Welded Hood Shield Design, 10" Durbale Composite W heels With Radial Tread Tires, 6" Durable Rear Tracking Wheels, Powder Coated Loop Style Handle With Foam Grip, 2 Year Warranty.
Average Customer Review
(908 customer reviews)
Will Change Your Idea of Mowing, August 28, 2001
Matthew Schenker (Western Massachusetts)
Safer, quieter mower. Definitely worth a consideration., July 20, 2002
Allen Allen (United States)
3. No smoke, no gas fumes
4. Easier handling than gas mower, lighter, can get in crevices more easily and safely
5. Better for environment, save on gas, oil.Easier to start-up; I'm more likely to cut the grass with this mower
7. Doesn't take any longer to mow then lawn vs. a gas mower (and if you gas mower is finicky, will probalby be faster).
1. Requires a bit more elbow grease with thick grass, especially on.
Disappointed :(, July 31, 2004
GeekDaddy (New England USA)
Reel mowers work best when they only remove a small portion of the grass blade at a time. If you go on vacation, get hit with a lot of rain, or have some other reason why you can't mow and your lawn gets too long, this mower will do a poor job of cutting it. It also has difficulty with some (particularly tall) weeds.
In general, a power rotary mower with sharp blades will more easily give you that near-perfect "carpet" look to your lawn. A power rotary mower also cuts closer to the edges of the mowing area (this mower can only get 2-3 inches from the outside edge of the wheels).
That said, using this mower is good exercise and it gets the job done in many cases. Here are the attributes which represent a good candidate for this mower:
1. Owns a small (less than 1/4.